Drishti Marine is the Asia's Largest Lifeguarding company managing life saving operations in Goa since 2008. The Company is also engaged in beach cleaning and waste management services on the beaches of Goa since 2016. Our New Entity - Drishti Cruises & Ferries is providing an alternate water based mode of Transport in Goa since Nov 2017
JOB DESCRIPTION - FERRY OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
Job Location: Goa , Panjim / Baina
- 1. Should be a Marine Engineer who would be responsible for ensuring high degree of operational availability of boats and ferries. He would control the operations of boats and ferries as also be responsible for their maintenance and upkeep. He would issue technical guidelines and assist the VP Admin & Ops in Engineering/Maintenance aspect of boats and other equipments/machineries held onboard.
- 2. Professionally implement preventive, planned and predictive maintenance practices to maximize operational availability of boats, machines & equipment and ensure observance of correct operational parameters to optimize operational efficiency of equipment.
- 3. To conduct root cause analysis evolving quick breakdown solutions.
- 4. Planning and Market survey, Tendering, Technical Negotiation, Price negotiation for arranging procurement of spares to ensure availability of reasonable inventory of spares to address maintenance calls.
- 5. To supervise Maintenance Team and adeptly carry out Defect rectification, Overhauling, Testing and tuning of various machineries/equipment.
- 6. Provided trainings and Technical Guidelines on engineering related aspects, periodically.
- 7. Provided effective leadership to the subordinate staff and keep them constantly motivated to secure their undivided focus to deliver superior performances under stressed and highly demanding work environments.
- 8. Is responsible for administration, safety, security and custody of the engineering items /spares issued to the Maintenance Department.
- 9. Is responsible for handling wide range of activities under the domain of Human Resource Management including training, performance evaluation, planning, staff welfare, disciplinary matters, grievance handling etc.
- 1. Business skills - maintenance engineers may be responsible for managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers
- 2. The capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
- 3. The ability to lead and motivate others
- 4. Team Working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- 5. The ability to negotiate with, and persuade others
- 6. Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills and repair knowledge of diesel engines, OBMs, jetski( preferable) etc
- 7. The confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- 8. Self motivated and a go-getter individual.
- 9. Qualifications & Experience from Marine Engineer / ex navy with similar background
- 10. Age in between 40-45 years
CTC- Upto 1,25,000/- PM , but not a constraint for the right candidate.